Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions Of Performing
- The client agrees to provide refreshments for the artiste as required during the event.
- A deposit of £50 is required to secure any date booked.
- In the event of cancellation, deposits are not refundable.
- In the event of cancellation one month or less before the event, the full fee will be payable.
- The artiste agrees to be properly dressed and to perform to the agreed wishes of the client.
Terms and Conditions Of Teaching
- Fees. From January 9th 2023, fees (in my Torquay Studio) will be £17.50 for half an hour, £26.25 for 45 minutes, and £35 for an hour. Fees are charged by term and are payable in advance in 2 installments - one before the start of term and one at Half Term. All lessons must be paid for, and this fee secures your slot for the term. These fees are subject to annual review. Where lesson fees are increased due to such a review, the Teacher shall endeavour to give the Student at least one month’s notice of such increase. The Student shall have the right to terminate this agreement immediately on written notice to the Teacher without liability to pay for any further Lessons (and to receive a refund in respect of any Lessons for which the Student has paid in advance) in the event that the applicable Lesson fees increase.
- Missed Lessons. If a student is going to miss a lesson due to illness or any other reason, please give at least 48 hours notice. In this instance a make-up lesson will be offered (during term time) but cannot be guaranteed. If no notice is given, any missed lesson shall be paid for. If the Teacher is unavailable to give any scheduled Lesson, the Lesson will be carried forward to another date. If this is not possible, any fee already paid will be refunded or used to pay for a future Lesson.
- Additional Lessons. Extra Lessons may be scheduled during holiday periods or at any other time by mutual agreement and at a cost mutually agreed between the Student and the Teacher.
- Late Payments. If payments are not received by the due day, it will be assumed that you/your child do not wish to continue with lessons and therefore your/their slot will be offered to someone else. Please refer to (8. Termination of Agreement) below regarding the stopping of lessons.
- Cooling off period. A) The Student has a legal right to cancel this agreement under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the “cooling off period” set out in 4(B) below. This means that during that cooling off period, if the Student changes his/her mind or decides for any other reason that he/she does not want to receive the Lessons, the Student can notify the Teacher of his/her decision to cancel the agreement and receive a refund for any Lessons paid for but not received prior to that cancellation. B) The Student’s cooling off period starts from the date of this agreement and ends 14 days later. To cancel this agreement the Student should let the Teacher know that he/she has decided to cancel.
- Limitation of liability. A) if the Teacher fails to comply with the terms of this agreement, he/she is responsible for loss or damage the Student suffers that is a foreseeable result of the Teachers breach or his/her negligence, but is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. B) If the Lessons are due to be performed at the Students home, the Teacher is responsible for any damage caused by him/her to that property. C) The Teacher does not in any way exclude or limit his/her liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Goods. From time to time, the Student may request that the Teacher:
a. Supplies them with goods (for example sheet music, reeds or strings) or
b. Loans them an instrument or other equipment in connection with the provision of the Lessons or the undertaking of performances and/or examinations.
This agreement is not intended to include provisions applicable to those scenarios, and the Student and the Teacher should mutually agree relevant terms in writing as required.
- Termination of agreement. A decision to discontinue Lessons after the cooling off period may be taken by the Student or the Teacher in which case written 4 weeks written notice shall be given by the party seeking to discontinue. In the event that the Student discontinues Lessons with insufficient notice, the Student will be liable to pay fees for those Lessons not taken during the notice period.
a. Neither party shall be liable to the other party for any breach by the other of any of the terms and conditions herein occasioned by an act of God, war, revolution, riot, civil disturbance, stroke, lock-out, flood, fire or other cause not reasonably within the control of each party.
b. The Student undertakes not to photocopy any music.
c. Examination entries, festivals, competitions or otherwise will only be entered if the Student and Teacher are in agreement. Any entry fees will be paid for by the Student.
d. The student is responsible for the insurance of the Students’ instrument.
e. In the interests of the Student’s well-being, whilst in the Teachers care, the Teacher must be informed of any medical or other condition affecting the student.
- Notes for guidance.
a. “Term” in the above context, corresponds to the termly calendar in Local Authority Schools.
b. “The Teacher” in the above context is Donna-Marie Broomfield.
c. The Teacher is insured personally and professionally in respect of legal liability that may arise following injury or damage to members of the public. The limit of personal indemnity is £1,000,000 and professional is £50,000.
d. It is important to note that whilst the Teacher will use her best endeavours to ensure the Student makes satisfactory progress, this cannot be guaranteed. In particular, ensuring quality sleep and hydration (for singing) as well as regular practice as advised by the Teacher is a prerequisite for success on any musical instrument or in any musical endeavour.
- By continuing to use the services provided by the teacher, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.